Senior Linux Systems Administrator
At Toku, we create bespoke cloud communications and customer engagement solutions to reimagine customer experiences for enterprises. We provide an end-to-end approach to help businesses overcome the complexity of digital transformation in APAC markets and enhance their CX with mission-critical cloud communication solutions. Toku combines local strategic consulting expertise, bespoke technology, regional in-country infrastructure, connectivity and global reach to serve the diverse needs of enterprises operating regionally.
As we continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC region and helping customers with their communications needs, we are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator, to play a critical role in maintaining and optimizing our Linux-based infrastructure, ensuring its stability, scalability, and efficient operation. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support our cloud-based applications and services, contributing to the overall efficiency of our company systems.
This is an impactful position during a growth phase for the business, and a great opportunity to upskill and collaborate with wider infrastructure functions such as network and security in a highly visible and rewarding team environment. You will thrive in this role if you have a user centric mentality, the ability to prioritise tasks effectively, and the experience to help manage a growing systems environment effectively.
Reporting into the Head of Infrastructure and Security, you will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading and managing our hardware and software. In this role, you will be expected to understand the importance of real time issues, prioritise accordingly, and protect our critical information, systems, and assets. You will need to be a proactive team player, willing to handle support requests and deployment with courtesy and professionalism.
Want to be part of our journey?
What would you be doing?
- Proactively manage and maintain Linux-based servers, ensuring their stability, performance and Uptime, including some Windows based servers.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures on systems and services across all environments.
- Proactively monitor system performance and capacity planning, support disaster recovery planning, testing, and execution.
- Fault finding, analysis of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Maintain and monitor all patch releases, design patch installation strategies, and maintain all systems according to NIST standardization.
- Edit configuration files, scripts, and other text files using SunOS VI or Nano editors.
- Handle the recovery and restoration of servers, provide technical assistance in system diagnostics, documentation, and errors.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Provide ocassional after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance.
- Launch Linux servers on AWS using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and practices.
- Document system configurations, processes, and procedures.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- At least five years of experience in Linux server administration, with some exposure and familiarity with Windows 2019 servers
- Proficiency in editing files using SunOS VI or Nano editors.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux Debian or Ubuntu, or similar such as RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux
- Strong problem solving, communication and documentation skills
- Positive, self-motivated attitude with a thirst for upskilling
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and practices is preferred
- Experience in launching Linux servers on AWS using Terraform and CloudFormation would be an added bonus
- Experience with AWS cloud services is an added bonus
- Experience with scripting and automation tools is an added bonus
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!