VP of Engineering
At Toku, we create bespoke cloud communications and customer engagement solutions to reimagine customer experiences for enterprises. We provide an end-to-end approach to help businesses overcome the complexity of digital transformation in APAC markets and enhance their CX with mission-critical cloud communication solutions. Toku combines local strategic consulting expertise, bespoke technology, regional in-country infrastructure, connectivity and global reach to serve the diverse needs of enterprises operating regionally.
As we continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC region and helping customers with their communications needs, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Engineering. This is a newly created and impactful position during an exciting growth phase for the business. You will be responsible for shaping and executing our development strategy, managing a growing team of 15 staff, and driving the growth and scalability of our engineering function.
This is a strategic role that requires strong leadership, excellent implementation skills, and a deep understanding of Contact Centre projects and solutions powered using Amazon Connect and other AWS services. While the role is primarily non-technically-hands-on, you are expected to provide technical expertise and guidance to your team members, upholding high standards and to be instrumental in selecting and advocating for new tools and technologies as we continue to build on our tech stack.
Want to be part of our journey?
What will you be doing?
- Lead and manage a growing team of 15 staff, consisting of front-end and back-end developers, QA consultants, and external consultants, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Define and execute the technology strategy, including selecting and implementing development technologies and methodologies that align with our business goals and future growth plans.
- Manage the development of Contact Centre projects and solutions powered using Amazon Connect and other AWS services such as DynamoDB, Lambda, Lex, CloudFormation, Alexa Skill Builder, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, IAM, Polly, AWS CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and AWS SDK-Boto3.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Solution Architects, Senior Product Managers, and Delivery Managers, to ensure seamless alignment and achievement of common goals.
- Develop and enhance the tech stack, infrastructure, and processes as the business scales, leveraging your expertise in CCaaS, CPaaS, UCaaS, and Amazon/AWS technologies.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and knowledge sharing through methods such as blogposts, proof of concepts, workshops, demos, and breakout sessions.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by incorporating necessary considerations into the development and deployment processes.
- Define and manage the budget, timeline, and tools for new and existing projects, ensuring efficient resource allocation and project delivery.
- Stay informed about emerging industry trends and advancements in the Contact Centre and Cloud Communication domains, and provide strategic recommendations for their integration into our products and services.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development, providing mentorship and guidance to team members to enhance their technical skills and professional growth.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience managing teams of at least 8 developers or a cross-functional mix of developers, QAs, and technical support staff.
- Strategic mindset in selecting and implementing development technologies and methodologies to drive business growth.
- Strong experience in executing development projects in Voice related, CCaaS, CPaaS or UcaaS domains, and/or Amazon/AWS technologies.
- Background in back-end or full-stack development preferred.
- Project experience with technologies such as React, NodeJS, Golang (or similar) preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including Lambda, Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, IAM, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage budgets, timelines, and tools for projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience with API development and integration.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on driving results.
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!